About Irena Macri
Hey, I’m Irena!
I love to cook and eat good food. I create recipes, meal plans and cookbooks for healthier living.
I specialise in nutrient-dense, real food cooking with a focus on vegetables, gluten-free, low-carb, and paleo recipes, although I don’t attach myself to any specific dietary label (read about that later). My recipes are often inspired by my travels and international cuisines but I like to keep them accessible and family-friendly.
I am also a qualified nutrition coach with an Advanced Diploma in Nutrition & Weight Management certified by the Association of Nutrition. This means I create custom plans and work one-on-one with clients and with groups seeking to get healthier, lose or gain weight, or to optimise their fitness training through appropriate nutrition tactics. I do not, however, provide nutrition advice for specific medical conditions.
You can find out how to work with me here.
How this website came to be
Back in 2012, I started a food blog Eat Drink Paleo, to provide inspiration and tools to people who wanted to achieve better health and wellbeing through the paleo diet and lifestyle. I have since internationally published two cookbooks Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook and Happy Go Paleo and developed multiple healthy eating plans, programs and recipe eBooks. From time to time, I speak at events and run cooking workshops and demos.
My personal approach to diet and wellness has evolved over the years and as my name became better known in the food blogging and nutrition community, I decided to change my website to simply IrenaMacri.com.
ABOUT FOOD FIT FOR LIFE philosophy
It’s simple. I eat real food: whole, natural foods that provide an array of essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and the energy I need to get through my day. You will find a lot of vegetables in my kitchen!
I avoid processed ingredients, refined sugar and refined grains, hydrogenated vegetable and seeds oil – basically foods that contain toxic, inflammatory and potentially health-damaging compounds and anti-nutrients.
When it comes to diet, it took me a few years to fine-tune my own approach. In my opinion, there is no quick-fix or one-fits-all formula. That’s why I no longer adhere to a strict paleo diet, although I believe it’s a great starting point for most people and I still stick to many of its principles.
Basically, my motto is: keep it real, keep it varied and keep it as nourishing as possible.
I care passionately about where our food comes from and I want to educate people about choosing the best ingredients that are produced in a sustainable, ethical way.
want to know more about me?
- I’m a bit of a geek and love to read the latest research and studies on wellbeing and nutrition. I believe everyone’s diet should keep evolving based on how they feel and what works for them.
- I have a degree in Digital Media and didn’t get to study nutrition until much later in my life.
- I’m 39. I was born and raised in Ukraine, spent most of my life in Australia, lived in Germany, have travelled through the U.S. and now reside in London, although I am often somewhere in between.
- I have spent over a year living and travelling in a self-converted campervan. I am a rock climber. I enjoy running, surfing, hiking and yoga. Basically, the great outdoors and the kitchen are my two happy places.
- I cook and shoot all my own recipes and I love collaborating with other health experts, bloggers, authors, and brands.
I am very approachable and you can get in touch with me directly if you have any questions. Please email me at [email protected]. You can find me on Instagram and Facebook. Join my private Facebook group here.
If you would like to work with me, please visit this page.
As Seen In
I am very honoured and flattered to have my recipes and work shared in many top publications and websites.