Delicious golden cookies made with coconut flour, almond meal and stevia with a few cranberries and pistachios to add a little festive flare. These are low-carb, grain-free and gluten-free.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 355 F. Line two flat baking sheets with non-stick parchment paper.
- Chop pistachios and cranberries and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together butter and stevia until just combined. Add the other ingredients and whisk together for 10-15 seconds until well combined.
- Add the dry flour mixture in 3 batches and whisk. Finally, add the nuts and cranberries and fold together with a spatula.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, add small blobs of the dough to the baking sheets (about 6 per sheet, with enough space between as the cookies will drop and flatten out while baking).
- Either bake one tray at a time, or do them in two lots. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Don’t panic if it looks like the cookie dough is melting. The balls will melt and flatten into pancake shapes. When you remove the trays, they will feel soft to touch and a little bouncy. Leave them on the tray to cool for 5 minutes, then move with a spatula to a rack to cool completely. They will firm up and become more stable. I like to pop them in the fridge for an hour, and they get a really nice texture.
- I also prefer to store mine in the fridge as they last much longer and stay fresh.
Cranberries can be omitted if you want to reduce carbohydrate/sugar amount even further.