30-Day Low-Carb July Challenge
It’s great to have you join my 30-day low-carb challenge. You can start whenever you’re ready! You can access your PDF guidebook here. Make sure to go through it a few days before you start.
Important! Check your Inbox to make sure you received the Welcome email. Oftentimes, it ends up Spam/Promotions tab or folders. I will be sending all future material and weekly emails to your registered email address.
Low-CARB CHALLENGE RULES
- Stick to 50-100 grams of total carbohydrates per day. Aim closer to 50 grams on low activity days and 100 grams on days you work out or do lots of walking/gardening.
- Low-carb means avoiding pasta, bread, rice, sweets and limiting higher sugar fruit and white potatoes etc.
- Dairy can be included if you can tolerate it.
- Alcohol is optional as long as you stay within the daily carbohydrate limit.
- Coffee is allowed (you’re welcome!).
- This is not a strict KETO challenge as you can include more nutrient-dense veggies and some fruit. However, you can do Keto during Low-Carb July (staying under 50 grams of carbs) if you wish.
- Try to get back to healthy habits like daily exercise & staying hydrated.
You will get more details about the challenge rules and a low-carb approach in this challenge guidebook.
- Keep an eye on your email as I will be sending out a downloadable PDF that you can view online or print out. This will include challenge dietary guidelines, meal planners and daily checklist templates.
- Join my private Facebook group here for extra community support and guidance. If you have any technical issues or you have a question, please email me at [email protected] or post your question in our Facebook group. You can also follow me on Instagram during the challenge.
- Browse my Low-Carb & Keto-friendly recipes here, although, most of my recipes are moderate to low-carb.
MORE RESOURCES & MEAL PLAN IDEAS
- Check out this PDF guide to dealing with detox symptoms and cravings.
- Low-Carb Meal Ideas Version 1
- Low-Carb Meal Ideas Version 2
- Low-Carb Meal Ideas Version 3
- Vegetarian Low-Carb Meal Ideas
- Check out my Guide to Carbohydrates here (from my Paleo Reset Program)
- Find Carb Count Guide To Common Foods in your PDF handbook or download this 1-page fruit and vegetable carb cheat sheet.
- From my Paleo Reset Program: my quick guide to different ways to enjoy green veggies.
- From my Paleo Reset Program: No-Cook & Super Quick Low-Carb Meals
My ‘WHY’ FOR RUNNING THIS CHALLENGE
I’ve decided to run this challenge because I need a reset after hitting so many high carb foods during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I am a new mom and the first 3 months of motherhood were tough with little time to look after me, which meant too much sourdough bread and quick dumplings from the freezer. But, I feel like I can now dedicate more time to meal prep and I need to get this body back into fat-burning mode and get my carb cravings under control.
Having success with lower carbohydrate eating in the past, I know that it’s a great way to induce weight loss, reduce sugar cravings, lower inflammation and get blood sugar levels back under control.
I want to keep this challenge fairly self-guided, however, I will be providing some ‘coaching’ along the way. By that I mean inspiring you with delicious meals, sharing tips and keeping you motivated to keep going. Plus, this way I hope to stay on track too!