Healthy and delicious cod fillets baked in the oven together with Brussels spruts and cherry tomatoes. The cod is smothered in delicious, spiced paste to cook into a crispy, caramelised crust. This dish is gluten-free, Whole30, paleo and low-carb friendly. Serve as is or with another side dish.
For cod crust paste
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely diced or grated
- ½ long red chilli, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 4 cod fillets (140–150 g / 5 oz. each)
- 350 g / 0.7 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cut in halves
- 10–12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, chilli, spices, sea salt, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place a piece of parchment/baking paper over a flat oven sheet pan and grease with a little olive oil. Place the cod fillets in the middle and top each fillet with equal amounts of the spice mix.
- Cut the larger Brussels sprouts in half and leave the small ones whole.
- Scatter the Brussels sprouts around the cod and place a few tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with some sea salt and lemon zest, and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Place the tray in the hot oven, middle shelf, for 20 minutes. Once ready, serve while hot with a side salad. Store leftover fish and veggies in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Cod can be swaped with other white fish fillets or salmon fillets. Brussels sprouts and tomatoes can be replaced with other vegetables of choice.