- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 chicken thighs (skin off, no bone), diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 150 g / 5-6 oz button mushrooms, halved and smaller ones left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (aged, ideally, or add 1 teaspoon of honey)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Handful of chopped spring onion, to garnish (optional, other herbs can also be used)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Grease a flat sheet pan/oven tray with coconut oil.
- Scatter the chicken evenly on the tray. Season with half a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Top the chicken with onions and mushrooms (see image) and sprinkle with another half teaspoon of sea salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place the tray in the oven, middle shelf.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the mushrooms and chicken through. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small ball. Finally, remove the chicken again and drizzle evenly with the sauce. Stir through and bale for 5 more minutes, until the sauce is lightly caramelised and sticky.
- Prepare any side vegetables or a salad while the chicken is baking. Serve while hot.