- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium beets, peeled and grated (I suggest to use kitchen gloves or peel the beets under running water to avoid skin stains)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup black pitted olives (the less salty Spanish olives are best), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (a good handful of fresh parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Before you start grating the beets and the carrots, start by marinating the onions. In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped onions with the vinegar, mustard, and olive oil and stir through. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the grated beets, carrots, olives and parsley to the bowl and season with salt. Stir through really well, making sure the onions and the marinade coat the vegetables evenly. They are your dressing!
- Serve right away or store in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.