Learn how to make nutritious and super tasty, creamy broccoli slaw salad with cranberries and celery. It’s great as a side dish with almost any protein but especially grilled or roast chicken or steak. This broccoli cranberry salad is paleo, gluten-free and Whole30-friendly.
- 1 head of broccoli (large), broken into florets
- 2 celery sticks, diced into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 spring onions/scallions, chopped (green and/or pale green parts)
Dressing (with yoghurt)
- 2 tablespoons Greek full-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or yellow
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper
Dressing (without yoghurt)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Then as above
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, then strain and rinse under cold water. Let it cool off slightly, then chop up into smaller pieces.
- Combined the dressing in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and the chopped broccoli. Combine well and serve.
- This salad keeps well overnight in the fridge. If making ahead of time, keep the salad separated from the dressing until serving.
Keywords: Broccoli, Slaw, Coleslaw, Cranberries, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sides, Side Dishes, Salad, Celery