- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 350 g / 0.7 lb Brussels sprouts
- 70 g / 2.5 oz thin kabanos sausage, sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1/3 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut away the hard tails from the Brussels sprouts and peal away the outer leaves or give them a good wash. Cut each sprout in half.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet (frying pan) over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, cut side down, and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the kabanosi sausage and pan-fry for 20-30 seconds, then add the garlic and lemon zest and cook together for another minute until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add back the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and drizzle with lemon juice. Stir through together for about 20-30 seconds and serve.