Learn how to make a delicious and nutritious cauliflower egg fried rice with onions, carrots and celery, which can be served as a side dish or as a main. It’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo and Whole30-friendly recipe.
- Prepare the cauliflower. Cut the head into florets (I used half of a large head of cauliflower for 4 people) and then dice them into very small cubes. You could also use a food processor to do this. I use this awesome mini food processor to make cauliflower rice and it doesn’t even need power. Set aside. Prepare the rest of the veggies
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large wok or a frying pan. Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery, season with some salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chill and stir through for 30 seconds. Then, add the cauliflower and another tablespoon of oil. Keeping the heat high, continue to stir fry the ‘rice’ for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower has softened slightly. Finally, add the sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil and stir through for 30 seconds to combine.
- While the cauliflower rice is cooking, whisk together the eggs with a dash of coconut aminos or Tamari sauce and a pinch of salt. Heat up a small pan with a little oil or fat and add the egg mixture. Spread it around the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until set as an omelette. Transfer to a chopping board and dice up.
- Stir the cooked egg into the cauliflower rice, leaving some for the top. Finish the ‘fried cauliflower rice’ with some chopped spring onions (scallions) and serve. I also like some fresh coriander.