- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5–7 drops of orange extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter (see Cook’s notes
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (see Cook’s notes)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3–5 drops stevia, depending on desired sweetness (you still want a strong dark chocolate flavour)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, to garnish (see Cook’s notes)
- Place 10–12 mini patty pans/cupcake casings on a baking tray.
- Place the coconut butter, coconut milk, honey and orange extract in a blender and mix until combined. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge to chill. In a double boiler over a low heat, gently melt the cacao butter, cacao powder, coconut oil, stevia and orange zest.
- Once melted, turn off the heat and leave the bowl over the water to stay warm. Place a teaspoon of the orange chocolate mixture in each of the mini patty pans and place in the freezer for 10 minutes — leaving the remaining mixture on the double boiler to stay warm. Take out the tray of patty pans and add a teaspoon of the coconut cream mix to each, then place it back in the freezer for 5 minutes. Take out the tray of patty pans again and evenly divide the remaining orange chocolate mixture between them.
- Sprinkle each chocolate cup with cacao nibs and place back in the freezer until set. Serve cold.