- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1/2 medium red capsicum/bell pepper, diced into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 90–100 g / about 3 oz chorizo (raw or cured, we’ll be cooking it anyway), peeled and diced into cubes
- 4–6 eggs
- A little extra salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion/scallion, chopped (for finishing)
- Heat a large skillet/frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sweet potatoes, spreading the cubes evenly on the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, until crisp and golden brown and turn the potatoes over. At this stage, add the peppers, salt and the diced chorizo and stir through. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 more minutes, stirring a few times, or until the sweet potato is nice and soft.
- Make a few wells in the mixture for the eggs. Crack the eggs and season them with a little extra salt and pepper, if you like. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Covering the pan with a lid speeds up the cooking, but if you don’t have one, just cook the eggs for a little longer. You can also scramble the eggs through.
- Finish the dish by topping everything with chopped green onions.