- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 150 g / 5 oz. unsweetened coconut flakes (about 1 + 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil (in solid state)
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- Small cupcake or muffin casings
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F (conventional).
- Add banana chips to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands or something like a kitchen ham to gently break the whole chips into smaller pieces. You can do this on a cutting board or place the chips in a bag and then smash them or press down on them with something heavy.
- Add coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds to the banana chip pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil, honey and vanilla to a small pot. Place over medium heat, melt and stir for 15-20 seconds. Pour the honey mixture over the coconut flakes and stir through really well to coat the mixture evenly with the sweet liquid.
- Place the cupcake casings on a flat oven tray. I used 8 medium muffin cups but you could stretch the mixture into 10, if using smaller casings. I used about 2 -2.5 tablespoons of mixture per casing.
- Place in the oven, middle shelf, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Check at minutes to make sure the tops aren’t getting burnt. We’re after golden brown look here. Remove earlier or keep in the oven longer, depending on your oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the baked flake moulds to cool completely. They will harden and stick together, making them easy to remove from the casings. I store them in the cups in an airtight container or paper bag.