This low-carb, dairy-free coconut panna cotta is a delicious dessert that requires minimum effort and no cooking. Tangy, sweet and fluffy, it’s made with coconut yoghurt and gelatin and is nutritious and great for your gut health. You will find more step-by-step photos below this recipe card.
3 tablespoons/envelopes of unflavored gelatin powder (like this)
6 tablespoons cold water
3 cups unsweetened coconut yoghurt (dairy-free, like Coyo brand)
6 teaspoons sugar-free sweetener like Nativa, Swerve, Lacanto
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups berries of choice (blueberries, raspberries or diced strawberries)
1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Add gelatin powder to a small bowl and pour in the cold water. Stir with a fork until well combined and set aside to set. The gelatin will slowly dissolve and firm up.
- In the meantime, whisk together the coconut yoghurt, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Now, we have to warm up the set gelatin. Place the small bowl inside a large bowl and pour boiling hot water into the larger boil, creating a hot bath for the gelatin bowl. This will heat up the gelatin without actually touching it or adding extra hot water. Stir it with a fork until it slightly melted.
- Add the melted gelatin mixture to the coconut yoghurt and whisk together for 30 seconds.
- Taste the mixture and add a little more vanilla or sweetener if you like. Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins or glasses. Cover and wrap them with Clingwrap individually or place on a tray and cover the tray. Pop in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- To serve, unwrap the glasses and test to see if the mixture has firmed up and feels a little wobbly. Top with mixed berries and toasted coconut flakes or your favourite nuts. You can also top them with granola.
Alternative toppings: mango, passionfruit, peaches, kiwifruit, caramelised banana, seeds, nuts, granola.
Keywords: Panna Cotta, Gelatin, Gelatine, Coconut, Coconut Yogurt, Dairy-free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo