This simple yet delicious carrot slaw salad with aromatic coriander (cilantro) and creamy mayo dressing is a versatile side dish that goes with meat, chicken, fish or plant-based protein mains. This shredded carrot salad recipe is Whole30, paleo, gluten-free and low-carb.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions/scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated or diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix together. If making this salad ahead of time, you can add the mayonnaise, spices, lime juice and salt just before service, to keep the carrots crunchy and fresh.
Keywords: Carrots, Slaw, Cilantro, Mayonnaise, Salad, Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb