- 2 egg whites
- 12 ounces (340 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14-ounce [414-ml]) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) honey
- zest of one orange (about 1⁄2 tablespoon [7 ml])
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until medium peaks form.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut milk, honey, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla and salt.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop with a lever, or two spoons, drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet, about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) in each.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges. Allow them to cool before removing from the pan.
- Tip: Don’t waste those yolks! Save them to make mayonnaise.