- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into bite-size cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon solid coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts (with skin on, bone in is optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head of broccoli (large), broken into florets
- 2 celery sticks, diced into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 spring onions/scallions, chopped (green and/or pale green parts)
Dressing (with yoghurt)
- 2 tablespoons Greek full-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or yellow
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper
Dressing (without yoghurt)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Then as above
- First start on the sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F. Melt coconut oil in a flat oven try and add the diced potatoes. Roast for 10 minutes, then flip potatoes over and cook for 10 more minutes. Finally, season with paprika, garlic powder and sea salt and stir through.
- Once those are on the way, begin cooking the chicken. Add a dollop of coconut oil to a large frying pan and place it over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts, skin side down, while the pan is still hitting up. Cook for 12 minutes, skin side down. Sprinkle the flesh side with half of the cumin, curry and sea salt. If the pan feels too hot and it looks like the skin is starting to burn too quickly, turn the heat down to medium. After 12 minutes the skin should be nice and crispy. Turn the breasts over, sprinkle with the remaining spices and salt and cook for 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the broccoli salad.Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, then strain and rinse under cold water. Let it cool off slightly, then chop up into smaller pieces. Combined the dressing in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and the chopped broccoli. Combine well and serve.
- Finally, once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes on a cutting board or on the tray with the sweet potatoes in the warm oven (but not on anymore). Then slice into strips and serve with the salad and potatoes.