- 6 eggs
- 12 gem lettuce leaves (baby Cos lettuce)
- 6 mini gherkins, sliced in half
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
For spicy mayo
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, then strain and rinse under cold water. Cool down slightly and peel. Slice each egg in two halves, lengthways.
- Clean and towel dry the lettuce leaves. Arrange on the platter and add egg halves on top.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the hot sauce and garlic powder (if using) and add a dollop on top of each egg.
- Finally top with the gherkin and a coriander leaf. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and cracked pepper.