- 700 g / 1.3 lb. white potatoes (or swedes for AIP), peeled
- 1 large carrot, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 300 g / 0.6 lb canned tuna or salmon
- ¼ cup diced gherkins or dill pickles (capers can also be used)
- ½ Granny Smith or other green apple, diced finely
- 10 green or Spanish black olives, sliced (meets out)
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced spring onions, chives or dill (optional)
- Peel the potatoes (or swedes) and cut into quarters. Add to a large saucepan together with the carrot halves and two eggs. Fill up with water until just covered and bring to boil. Cover with a lid and cook 10 minutes. Then remove the eggs and the carrots; continue to cook potatoes for a further 3-5 minutes, until just tender. Allow the vegetables to cool down almost completely. Strain the eggs under cold water to make peeling easier.
- In the meantime, prepare the mayonnaise if you’re making your own.
- Peel and dice the cooked carrots and eggs. Dice the potatoes. Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well together. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.