Healthy and delicious grilled cod with garlic and parsley, inspired by a Basque recipe. This keto, Whole30 and paleo cod dish is super easy to make and is affordable.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large cloves of garlic, sliced or chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper, optional
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and once hot, add the cod fillets and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 3 minutes on the first side.
- After about 2 minutes of cooking, add the garlic and the lemon zest around the cod in the olive oil and allow cook gently with the fish. Stir the garlic frequently to prevent burning. Turn the fish over, moving it around the pan to take on some of the garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Finish by drizzling the fish with the lemon juice and sprinkling it liberally with fresh parsley. Serve while hot with favourite vegetables or a salad.