This refreshing Georgian salad is served over the creamy walnut dressing and is full of nutritious, crunchy vegetables and aromatic herbs. It’s Whole30, paleo, low-carb and vegan-friendly.
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved (as many as you want, really)
- 2–3 small cucumbers, sliced
- 1 spring onion, white and green parts sliced or chopped
- 6–8 walnuts, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley and coriander/cilantro, chopped
For the walnut sauce/dressing
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar can also be used)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Generous pinch of salt
- Extras to serve: olive oil and lemon juice
- Prepare the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Add the walnut dressing ingredients to a blender or a food processor. Puree and process unto a smooth and thick sauce (it should turn a lovely light brown/beige colour, like a hot chocolate drink).
- Now, there are two ways to serve the salad. You can layer and spread the sauce on the bottom of the bowl, which is what I did. Mix the salad ingredients and add over the sauce. This way, when you scoop the salad to serve, you will mix it with the dressing right at the table. Alternatively, mix the salad and serve the dressing on the side or/and drizzle some over the top.
- Finally, drizzle everything with a little olive oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper.