Learn how to make easy grilled shrimp in a pan together with three fabulous sauces: red pepper Romesco, curry aioli and green avocado sauce. This is a festive, party shrimp recipe that your guests will love!
- Make the sauces first. For the red and the green sauce, I used a food processor. Add all ingredients and whiz together to process. I stop and open the lid a couple of times to scrape the bits off the sides and to stir the sauce slightly, then whiz again to make sure everything is incorporated and blended.
- The Romesco sauce doesn’t have to be completely smooth, it should have a little texture. For the green sauce, you can add a little more water if you like it thinner.
- For the curry ahioli sauce, I used a small blender beccause it’s a smaller batch. You can also whisk all ingredients in a bowl as you don’t need to process any firm ingredients. Use grated garcli in this case.
- How to cook the shrimp. Heat a large frying pan or a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Once really hot, add the olive oil. Add the shrimp in two batches, as to not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 1 minute on each side, until they change coloul and get that little golden glow. Season with just a touch of salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- You can plate the cooked shrimp on a large platter with all three sauces or pick one of the sauces and go with that.
Store leftover sauces in the fridge for 4-5 days (1-2 days for the avocado sauce!). Below nutritional breakdown is for the shrimp without sauces.
Romesco sauce nutrition (per 2 tablespsoons): 169 cal, 15 g fat, 5.5 g carbs, 2 g fibre, 3 g protein.
Curry aioli sauce (per 1 tbsp): 65 cals, 6 g fat, 0.5 g carbs, 0.7 g protein.
Green avocado sauce (per 1 tbsp): 80 cals, 8 g fat, 2.5 g carbs, 1.5 g fibre, 0.5 g protein.