Make your own healthy chocolate with this low-carb and paleo-friendly recipe from Scott Gooding.
- 1 cup cacao butter (chunks or buttons)
- 6–7 tablespoons cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or another sugar-free sweetener
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (for crunch, you could also add hemps seeds)
- Other filling options: nuts or crushed nuts, dried fruit, fresh berries
- Place a heat resistant bowl over a pan 1/3 full of water. Bring the water to a gentle simmer. Place the cacao butter in the bowl and once melted, add the cacao powder, vanilla, maple syrup and gently stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a frying pan over high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the coconut. Toss until lightly toasted. You could also keep the pan over very low heat for this.
- Add the coconut to the chocolate mixture (or any other fillings) and stir. Pour into fun-shaped moulds or regular ice cube moulds. You could also line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper and fold the edges up, then pour the mixture to make chocolate bark.
- Chill for 1 hour in the fridge. Enjoy x
Keywords: Chocolate, Cacao Butter, Cacao Powder