These gluten-free, paleo Anzac biscuits are made with protein-rich hemps seeds, almonds and maple syrup for that unfortable sweet and slightly chewy cookie experience.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / 335-338 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: hemp seeds, coconut, almonds and cassava flour.
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix through really well. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
- Line a flat baking sheet with parchment/baking paper and grease with some coconut oil.
- Shape the mixture into small, round biscuits and place on the sheet, allowing some space between each cookie. You can use a spoon and your hands (wetting them in between batches). When baking, the biscuits will spread and flatten, so they need that space around them.
- Place in the oven, middle shelf, for 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them at a 10-minute mark, to make they don’t burn. They should be golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week or so (longer in the fridge).