- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tinned artichoke hearts, roughly diced (see notes)
- 1 spring onion/scallion, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (1 teaspoon of dried leaves is also fine or other fresh herbs)
- 4 slices of prosciutto, salami or other good quality cold meats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 355 F.
- Brush a shallow sheet pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. I use a pastry brush to do this, making sure to coat the corners and sides of the pan.
- Crack and add the eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the artichokes, green onions and tomatoes around the eggs and sprinkle with oregano leaves, or other herbs.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven, middle shelf, and set the timer to 8 minutes. Check on the eggs and if the whites are firm and the egg yolks are just soft, take out the pan and scatter the ham over the eggs. Serve right away.