This satiating and nutritious kale and chicken salad is quick and easy to prepare. It has the addition of carrots and apple and is dressing with mayonnaise-based sauce. Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, low-carb.
- 2–3 leaves of kale, stem removed and leaves roughly chopped (about 2–3 cups of chopped kale)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 100 –150 g / 4-5 oz of sliced cooked chicken
- 1/2 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 medium red or green apple, sliced and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion/scallions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard like Dijon or yellow
- A pinch of cracked pepper
- Sprinkle the kale with salt and drizzle with lemon juice. Using your hands, massage and rub the leaves for 20-30 seconds, until slightly softened.
- Add the kale and the rest of the ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix well, allowing the mayo and mustard to incorporate evenly. Serve then and there, or store for a day or overnight as it will keep okay till the next day.