For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoons dried mixed Italian herbs
- coconut oil for cooking
For the salad
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 large pear, core out and finely diced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives or spring onion
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (lemon juice is fine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese or crispy bacon
- Sliced the chicken breasts in half, going lengthways, into thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper and some dried herbs. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Heat a dollop of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Some thicker pieces might need a little longer, or you can slice them in half to cook faster. Set to rest for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, dice up the rest of the ingredients and whisk together the salad dressing.
- Dice the chicken breasts into cubes and add to the salad. Add the dressing and mix well together. Garnish with extra chives and walnuts. Enjoy!