These gorgeous, energising lemon bliss balls are easy to make and are perfect as a healthy treat, snack or lunchbox item. This recipe is raw, vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
- 15 Medjool dates (pits out)
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1.5 cups blanched almonds (skinless, regular will do as well)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3–4 drops lemon essential oil (see notes)
To finish: 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut for coating
- Add all ingredients to a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process and mix for 1-2 minutes, stopping and scraping the sides a few times, until everything has turned into ground up, sticky mixture (see picture).
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add a few tablespoons of extra desiccated coconut into a bowl. Wet your hands slightly and scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture into your palms. Roll into a ball and dip into the coconut, pressing on each side to coat all sides evenly. Place on a tray or plate and continue with the rest of the mixture. You should get about 15 small balls.
- Store in an airtight container for up to weeks (in the fridge). Serving size is 1-2 balls.