Learn how to make super easy lemon garlic shrimp zucchini pasta with just a handful of ingredients. This healthy shrimp scampi recipe uses zucchini noodles in place of spaghetti pasta and olive oil to make a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner that is low-carb and gluten-free. This recipe is for one generous serving and is easy to multiply as needed.
2 small or 1 medium to large zucchini, spiralized or peeled into ribbons
2 large cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
3 oz / 100 g peeled shrimp (prawns)
1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Prep. Spiralize or peel the zucchini into noodles or ribbons to create our low-carb, gluten-free pasta alternative. Peel the prawns if needed. Zest 1/2 of the lemon and slice the garlic. Shave/grate Parmesan cheese. The dish comes together quickly, so have everything ready to go.
- Saute. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest and turn the heat down to low. Saute for about a minute until garlic starts to get fragrant.
- Add the shrimp. At this stage, add the prawns and turn the heat back to medium. Cook for a minute and a half, then stir through and cook for another minute.
- Finish with zucchini. Zucchini noodles don’t need much cooking. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan, drizzle with the juice of 1/2 lemon and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon salt or so). Stir and heat through the garlic, lemon and shrimp olive oil until hot. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan and stir through in the pan.
- Transfer to a plate or a bowl and top with the remaining cheese. You can drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
- You can use raw or frozen shrimp/prawns. To defrost, I place frozen shrimp in a bowl of hot water and it’s usually ready to use in about 10 minutes. You can also defrost overnight in the fridge.
- I recommend 2 small or 1 large/medium zucchini per serving.
Keywords: Shrimp, Prawns, Zucchini, Courgette, Zucchini Pasta, Zucchini Noodles, Shrimp Scampi, Low-carb, Keto, Gluten-Free