Mexican scrambled eggs with avocado and radish salad is a balanced, satiating and nutritious meal you can dish up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe is gluten-free, paleo, Whole30 friendly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee/butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow or red sweet pepper/capsicum, sliced
- 1/3 long red chilli, diced (serrano or jalapeno)
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (you can used canned diced tomatoes, just strain some of the juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dried chipotle chilli (optional), chopped
- 5 eggs
For the salad
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 5–6 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- A handful of fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of ground coriander seed (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, peppers and chilli for 5-6 minutes over medium heat, until softened. Add garlic, tomatoes, spices, salt and the dried chipotle pepper. Stir and cook for a further couple of minutes, add a little more oil or water if the mixture starts sticking to the bottom.
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and add to the mixture in the pan. Cook and continuously scramble and scrape the mixture from the bottom, folding it over and allowing different parts to cook through until soft and still slightly moist, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the salad ingredients and dress with a mix of lime juice, olive oil, sea salt and coriander seed. Serve with eggs and an extra wedge of lime.