Learn how to make no-bake strawberry cheesecake bars that are gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb and keto-friendly. Made with cream cheese, gelatin and strawberry puree, these are super delicious and easy to make.
For the crust
2 cups (240 g) blanched almond flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut/shredded coconut
2 tablespoons sugar-free granulated sweetener (white or brown)
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Strawberry cheesecake filling
3 teaspoons unflavoured gelatin powder (like this)
1 + 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
1 + 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
500 g / 17 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar-free sweetener (white like this)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
300 ml thickened/heavy cream, whipped first
To finish: Strawberries to decorate; you can make extra strawberry puree to drizzle on top.
I used an 8-inch baking pan for the cheesecake.
- Line a rectangular baking dish with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides. Set aside. I used an 8-inch baking pan.
- Using a food processor, pulse almond meal, coconut, sugar-free sweetener, vanilla, butter and salt into wet crumbs. Press this ‘biscuit’ mixture into a thin layer over the base of the baking dish. Pop in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over boiling water in a heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatin has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse out the bowl of your food processor and place it back on the base. Add the strawberries to the processor and blend on high for 1 minute until smooth. If you need to add a little water to get it started, use 1-2 tablespoons to begin with.
- Pour the strawberry puree into a large bowl. Add in the softened cream cheese, sugar-sweetener and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until combined.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks, just thick and creamy and fold into the strawberry cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, levelling the top with a spatula. Cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate overnight or until set, at least 2-3 hours.
- Use the foil/parchment paper ‘handles’ (the edges of the paper) to remove the bars from the pan, and peel them back from the sides and bottom of the bars. Slice into 9-12 bars as desired and decorate with fresh strawberries.
- You can make extra strawberry puree to drizzle on top.
For a lighter version (those watching their calorie intake), use light cream cheese.
Total cooking time below doesn’t take into account the setting time.
Keywords: Cheesecake, Strawberries, Gelatin, Gelatine, Cream Cheese, Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-free, Grain-Free, Dessert