Shiitake mushrooms can be replaced with regular sliced mushrooms or dried porcini mushrooms, or they can be omitted. Use any other greens you like.
- 2 cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon diced ginger
- 1/4 sliced long red chilli
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos or Tamari sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (black is also fine)
- 1 bok choy/pak choy, leaves separated, washed and halved
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or spring onions
- Handful of fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Add two cups of bone broth, dried mushrooms and ginger to a small pot. Place over high heat and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and add the chilli, fish sauce, coconut aminos, white pepper and bok choy. Cook over for a minute.
- Finally, whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add the chives to the soup and turn the heat down to gentle simmer. Pour the egg mixture slowly and gradually into the pot (over a fork) and stir in. The egg will cook right away. Turn the heat off and add the coriander.