- 200 g (7 oz. / 2 cups) almond meal
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 60 mL (2 oz. / 1/4 cup) extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
- 90 g (3 oz. / 1/4 cup) raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 organic eggs
- Zest from one orange
- 2 large red apples, skin on, diced
- Flaked almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 160 C fan-forced (320 F).
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, olive oil, honey, vanilla, eggs and orange zest.
- Mix through until well combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Prepare a 20 cm. (8 inches) lined baking tin, making sure the base and sides of the tin are lined.
- Press the batter firmly into the tin.
- Garnish with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes.
- Rest in the tin for 30 minutes before removing and enjoy!