Apricots and almonds always taste delicious together and this cake made with almond flour is moist and full of flavour. The cinnamon and nutmeg adds a sweet spice to this cake. You can substitute the apricots for any other stone fruit.
- 1 tin of apricot halves in juice or 6 apricots halved.
- 1 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (honey or other natural sweetener could also be used)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (mild flavour)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease four ramekins or one 20cm baking dish and lay halved apricots on the base insides facing down.
- Lightly beat eggs and add almond meal, rice malt syrup, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg
- vanilla bean paste, milk, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
- Place dish or ramekins onto an oven tray and bake for 25 mins or until the center of the cake no longer feels wet and springs back lightly when touched.
- Take out of the oven and leave for 5 mins before turning out onto a cake board or stand.
- Serve with a dollop of full-fat cream or coconut cream.