- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded Brussels sprouts (about 15–20
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon butter (ghee if avoiding dairy)
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, preferably unsweetened
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred the Brussels sprouts. Cut off the ends off the sprouts and slice them in half lengthways. Then slice each half into thin strips. Add to the onion together with garlic, salt and butter. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring a few times, and then add the pepper, vinegar and cranberries. Stir through and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve while warm.