This paleo friendly chilli is made in a slow cooker but you can easily make it on a stove top or in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 medium chorizo sausages, skin off and diced roughly
- 600–700 grams / 1.5 lb grass-fed ground beef/mince
- 2–3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 chipotle chilli peppers (dried or tinned), diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cup diced tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Garnish: greek or coconut yoghurt, fresh coriander, spring onion
Slow cooker method:Cook the onions in olive or coconut oil over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. This can be done in a frying pan or directly in a slow cooker dish if it’s heat-proof. Then add the diced chorizo, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Now add the beef and break it apart while stirring with the onion and chorizo. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Follow with the garlic and spices, and stir together for a minute to release the aromas.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and vinegar, bring to a simmer and transfer to a slow cooker (unless already in the slow cooker dish, then simply place the vessel back onto the heat element).
- Cook covered for 2-3 hours on HIGH, 4-5 hours on MEDIUM, 6-7 hours on LOW.