You can use my Orange Cake as one of the layers or get some pre-made gluten free sponge cake from a health food store. If you have a good paleo muffin recipe, that will also do.
- 1–2 cups of diced paleo sponge cake such as my Orange Cake or nut and coconut crumble
For the jello layer
- 500 ml/17oz of orange & passionfruit juice (you can use any 100% juice you like)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of gelatine powder (I use Great Lakes gelatine)
For other layers
- 250 grams of coconut cream (1x400ml can refrigerated overnight)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2–3 mangos or other fruit
- 1 banana
- large handful of Macadamia nuts of flaked almonds
- fresh berries or pomegranate for garnish
- Make the sponge cake or get gluten free orange cake from a cafe or a health food store.
- To make the jelly, bring 200ml of juice to the boil. Stir in the gelatine, whisking with a fork until dissolved. Add the remaining juice, and stir until well combined. Pour the jelly liwuif in a serving glass dish or individual glasses and set in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours. Wrap with some cling wrap.
- Scoop out the coconut cream (minus the watery liquid) into a large bowl. Whip it together with vanilla and lemon juice for 1-2 minutes using an electric whisk or by hand (if you’re strong).
- Arrange the layers: mango sliced on top of jelly, followed by diced cake, then sliced banana, some nuts, some coconut cream or double cream, berries, nuts and more mango on top. Sprinkle some pomegranate or other berries for extra colour. That’s it! Keep in the fridge until service if making ahead of time, but ideally prepare all ingredients and keep them in the fridge and layer the dish just before service.