Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Other Chinese greens can be used instead of Chinese broccoli.
Chicken & Chicken marinade:
- 650 g / 1 ½ lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, sliced into bite-size pieces (approx. 0.5cm thick)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 large sized zucchini, sliced into long ribbons about using a mandolin slicer
- About 250 g / ½ lb Chinese broccoli, leaves coarsely chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut or olive oil for stir-frying
- 1/4 cup gluten free tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey or rice malt syrup (Irena’s addition)
- Pan-fry the chicken. Heat a wok or a pan over very high heat, add about 2 tablespoons coconut oil. When the wok is hot, add the marinated chicken and stir-fry until the meat is cooked through. Taste and season with a little more salt and pepper if desired. Set the cooked meat aside to cool. *The cooked chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days if you want to prepare it in advance.
- Prepare Zucchini noodles. Slice into long ribbons about, 0.2 cm or 1/16-inch thick, using a mandolin slicer.
- Mix well the stir-fry sauce mixture and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs. Heat a wok over very high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add 2 large eggs. Cook without messing with it until the eggs turn light golden brown at the edges then flip the eggs (if the yolk breaks, no worries). Once they’re done, set them aside for later use.
- Add another tablespoon of coconut oil to the wok over high heat then add more minced garlid and sauté for about 10 seconds. Add the Chinese broccoli and stir-fry until the leaves just begin to wilt – about 30 seconds. Add previously cooked chicken and the eggs back to the wok. Use a spatula to stir-fry the meat until it’s heated through and break up the eggs for about 1 min.
- Add the zucchini noodles and the stir-fry sauce mixture. Keep flipping, stirring, and scooping the ingredients for about 1 minute.
- Leave the remaining liquid in the wok and scoop out the ingredients and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the remaining liquid in the wok over high heat for another 2 to 3 mins until the sauce is thickened. Pour the thickened sauce over and serve!