These delicious paleo-friendly pork ribs are seasoned with a spice rub and oven-roasted with my apple barbecue sauce glaze until succulent and tender. Serve with a side of sweet potatoes and your favourite slaw salad or veggies.
- 1 kg / 2.2 lb free-range pork ribs (as a rack or separated)
For the spice rub
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the barbecue glaze
- 1/3 cup Apple & Cinnamon BBQ Sauce (or another sugar-free barbecue sauce)
- Combine the spice rub ingredients in a bowl and rub all over the ribs. Set aside for 30 minutes to an hour (you can keep in them in the fridge if you would like to marinate for longer or overnight).
- Prepare the apple BBQ sauce while the ribs are spicing up, unless you’re using ready-made sauce.
- Preheat the oven 150C/300F (conventional). Place the ribs in a roasting tin in a single layer and add a few splashes of water to the bottom (this will keep them nice and moist). Cover with foil and cook for 1.5 hours.
- After, remove the foil and brush the ribs with the apple barbecue sauce. Place back in the oven, middle shelf, and turn the heat up to 220C/420F. Cook, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes. Turn the ribs over and brush with more barbecue apple sauce halfway through. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for a few minutes before serving.
- If making roasted sweet potatoes, you can do those in the same oven in the last stage of ribs cooking (about 20-25 minutes at 220C).