This keto and gluten-free radish salad has a little dairy in the dressing but it can be easily omitted. Add a little olive juice and lemon juice instead.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 bunch of radishes (6–8 medium radish bulbs), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion/scallions
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon whole egg mayonnaise (less sweet variety or homemade olive oil based is best)
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche, sour cream or yoghurt (can be omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
- A few small salad leaves
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Rinse under cold water for a few minutes and peel. Cut eggs in half and separate the whites from the yolks. Crumble the yolk and dice the whites.
- Combine mayonnaise, crème fraîche, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Smear some of the dressing on the bottom of a large serving plate. Place a thick layer of radishes and sprinkle with green onion, diced egg whites and yolk crumble. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the dressing over the top and garnish with a few salad leaves. If presentation is not important, just toss everything together with the dressing and serve in a salad bowl.
Macros for the whole salad (can be served as a side for 2 or as a meal for 1): 300 calories, 14 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams sugars, 2 grams fibre, 15 grams protein.