These mixed berry tarts filled with dairy-free yoghurt are raw and vegan-friendly, also suitable to those on a grain-free or paleo diets. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed as a dessert or sweet treat and for breakfast (think granola with yoghurt and berries but in a tart).
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 6 dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 500g tub of plain Coyo coconut yoghurt
- Your choice of berries – blackberries, cherries and raspberries (about 2 cups)
- Combine all the base ingredients together in a food processor. ensure the mix sticks together when pressed, but isn’t too wet or sticky as it won’t hold together.
- Press the mix into tart pans with loose bases. Pressing the mix up the edges of the tart to form a tart shell. Set aside in the freezer to firm up as you do each one.
- Remove the tart cases from the freezer and gently spoon in the Coyo yoghurt, leaving a small gap before the top of the tart shell.
- Top with your favourite berries. Eat straight away or store in the fridge to consume when needed. They will keep best for 1-2 days.
The serving size depends on the size of your tarts. If using mini tart forms, then you could stretch to 6, and for larger tarts you’re looking at 4, which you can halve when serving.