Learn how to make a simple yet delicious and nutritious red cabbage slaw with plenty of rainbow veggies and creamy avocado dressing. This recipe is dairy-free, vegan, raw, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30-friendly.
- 1/2 red cabbage, cut into quarters and finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Creamy Avocado Dressing (see link above in the post)
- A large handful of fresh coriander / cilantro leaves
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- Combine salad ingredients with most of the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl or divide between bowls and drizzle with a little more dressing and scatter the coriander leaves over the top. Serve with a couple of extra lime wedges.
Nutrient boosts: for extra zinc and vitamin E, add some pumpkin seeds; for extra selenium, add 2 chopped Brazil nuts; for extra calcium, add sesame seeds and baby spinach or shaved Parmesan cheese of feta; for extra protein, add any cooked protein of choice.
- Serving Size: 2 cups slaw + 2 tablespoons dressing
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 13.4 g
- Sodium: 503 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg