- 1.8 kg / about 4 lb pumpkin (the weight includes the skin and seeds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced roughly
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, molasses or honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it into quarters and remove the seeds. Dice into cubes and add to a large roasting tray or baking dish. Add the onion and drizzle with olive oil. Toss through and place in the oven, middle shelf, for 10 minutes.
- Chop most of the pecans roughly and reserve a few whole nuts. Prepare the rest of ingredients.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pumpkin and scatter the pecans (except for a few whole ones), cranberries, garlic, salt and spices over the top. Stir through and place back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove the tray again and scatter the remaining pecans over the top. Whisk together the glaze mix and drizzle over the tray contents. Place in the oven for 5 more minutes.