- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 1 long red pepper or round capsicum/bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 2 bunches of asparagus spears, hard ends chopped off
- ½ juice of lemon
- Add the onion, peppers, olive oil and salt to a medium frying pan and heat over medium heat. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions and peppers are really soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add the garlic and stir through for a minute, turn the heat off and set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- Serve the asparagus cold or quickly reheated in the pan, with the onion and pepper mixture spread over the top. This dish can be either hot or cold.