- Coconut oil or olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (cut the bigger florets in half)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon almond flakes (optional)
For the salad dressing
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins or sultanas
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (can be halved, use maple syrup for vegan version)
- Pinch of salt
- Heat coconut oil or olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower florets to the pan (I put them flat side down first) and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Use tongs or a fork to turn each piece over and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Evenly, sprinkle the spices and salt over the cauliflower pieces and add the almonds. Stir through over heat for a minute, allowing the spices to release their aromas. Turn the heat off and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the salad dressing. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside to infuse.
- Transfer the warm cauliflower to the salad bowl and mix through, making sure everything is well coated. Serve with some fresh herbs on top or as is.