This orange marmalade chicken recipe is quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Made using a glaze with my favourite marmalade with no added sugar, it’s got a lovely sticky finish and is very juicy. Serve with a side of steamed veg for a healthy meal.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Place the chicken pieces (skin side up) on a flat baking tray covered with foil or parchment paper. I used foil as I was at a friend’s house but ideally you would want to use parchment paper. Otherwise, drizzle the tray with some olive oil. The parchment paper is mostly there to catch any sweet juices and to prevent them from sticking to your tray, which is a pain in the *** to clean.
- So, the chicken is on the tray, not sprinkle with pieces with salt and some pepper. Put the tray in the oven, middle shelf, and bake for 17 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the marmalade, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken and spread the marmalade over the top. Place the tray back in the oven for 15 more minutes. Prepare a side of vegetables or a salad while it’s cooking.