We love this type of meal because it is so simple but tastes, as well as looks, amazing. This is a fabulous idea for a weekend lunch, and it is the perfect crowd pleaser.
- 1–2 large sweet potatoes (16 slices
- 300 grams beef mince
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Peel the sweet potato and slice rounds of approximately 4–5mm thick.
- Place rounds on baking tray and spray with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, which will take around 15–20 minutes.
- To make the mini beef burgers, place the mince in a large bowl with the crushed garlic, diced onion, fresh coriander and some salt and pepper to taste. With your hands or a fork, combine the ingredients, then press the meat mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and grease with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Place the patties in the pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Slice the avocado and tomato and cut the lettuce to the right size. Assemble the sliders and hold together with skewers.