This Kabocha squash is roasted with thyme sprigs and garlic until soft and caramelised. You can serve this pumpkin dish as a side with your favourite protein, quinoa or salad. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, paleo, Whole30 friendly.
- 1/2 of kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin), seeds out, peeled and sliced into half-moon wedges
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10–12 sprigs of fresh thyme (dried thyme can also be used)
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (aged Balsamic or Pomegranate Molasses)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 395 F.
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the squash slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with sea salt. Top with thyme and place in the oven, middle shelf, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle garlic and pumpkin seeds over the top. Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of balsamic vinegar, if using, and pop back in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Winter Squash