- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 300–350 g / 10-11oz button mushrooms
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon or so of butter or ghee
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves or whole sprigs)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet or a frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until they have browned off nicely on one side. They will also start to shrink slightly and release some liquid. Flip them over and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side. At this stage, we don’t want to stir them too much as we want to get a nice, golden brown colour.
- Once the mushrooms have browned off, add the lemon zest, butter, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook together for a minute or two, stirring a couple of times. Finally, drizzle with lemon juice and toss through one more time.