- 2 whole trout fish (about 0.5 kg / 1 lb each)
For the salsa
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and roughly diced
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- A handful of fresh parsley
- A few mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (slice the rest to put on top of the fish)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390°F).
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a food processor or a blender and process into a salsa like consistency.
- Place the fish fillets in a large roasting tray. Cover the fish with the herb marinade on both sides and a little inside the fish cavity. Add a few lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, on the middle shelf. Remove and transfer to a platter or serve right in the roasting tray.