Learn how to make the best crunchy feta salad with carrots, beets, tomato, and cucumber, loaded with toasted walnuts, jammy raisins and yummy aged Balsamic dressing. It’s nutritious, crunchy and bursting with flavour. Great for lunch, light dinner and meal prep. Gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian salad recipe.
For the salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds or other nuts/seeds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins or sultanas, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 small to medium canned or roasted beets, cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 small cucumbers, cut into cubes
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1/4 red or white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup smooth feta, crumbled (1/2 block)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons aged or caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 355 F. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a flat sheet pan/baking tray and spread the walnuts. Bake (toast) in the oven, on the middle shelf for 10-12 minutes. Stir halfway and check again closer to the 10-minute mark to make sure they don’t burn. They should be slightly browned and have a nutty, toasted aroma. Once done, cool down for 5 minutes out of the oven.
- While walnuts are getting toasted, chop all vegetables into similar, small cubes/pieces.
- Chop the walnuts, almonds and raisins or whatever nuts or dried fruit you are using.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients and set it aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with the dressing and then top with crumbled feta.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 15.6 g
- Sodium: 527.9 mg
- Fat: 30.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 16.7 mg
Keywords: Salad Recipes, Feta Cheese, Gluten-free, Grain-Free, Beets, Tomato Cucumber Salad, Recipes With Feta, Healthy Salads